Friday 5 March 2010

Locavore.....

When I last logged onto Etsy, there were at least 100 local (Adelaide based) artisans selling their wares.

I couldn't resist having a little browse and found a trio of girls calling themselves Too Tweet Designs. Here are a couple of their gorgeous gift cards:


These ladies have only just begun trading via Etsy and were yet to make their first sale when I visited their shop earlier this week. For 5 bucks, who is going to be customer number one?? They are offering free postage too!!

Speaking of local and all things Adelaide....what is NOT happening in the city this weekend? It's a long w/e for the Adelaide Cup, The Festival is on, The Fringe Ends and Womad is on for 3 whole days for the first time.
Another first for Adelaide is the Mathilda's Market. My Eastern States buddies have been raving about this little market as a haven for all things hand made - and it's focus is on items for the small fry. I am particularly looking forward to checking out what wares Little Luv will be peddling. These door birdies in vintage fabrics and these toys from the "olden days" have stolen my heart already:

Keep the love local. S x

No comments:

Post a Comment