Tuesday 11 May 2010

New Neighbours.....

We have temporarily relocated to Sydney. And you wouldn't believe it when I tell you that our new abode in Paddington is right next door to a boutique called Mr Rose - or would you?? Mr Rose claims dedication to creativity, design, personal service and freedom of self-expression. All pretty good stuff to offer I reckon.

The designer women's clothing at Mr Rose is somewhat beyond my budget....however I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share the fluffy, tissue-paper pom-poms (presumably hand-made) in their current window display:


I have actually made some of these pom-poms for a birthday party myself by following this tutorial and urge you to give it a try. Very effective for all manner of occassions. And cheap. A pack of tissue paper, some florist wire and about 15mins of your time.


(these pics via Apartment Therapy)

a tad classier than the ol' helium balloon tied down with some curly ribbon, don't you think?
I'm sure Mr Rose would agree.
Sx

3 comments:

  1. Wow looks amazing!

    I used to work in Darlinghurst, I loved shopping in paddy once a year when I could afford it :-P

    BTW if you really like the can't sleep sign If it doesn't sell I will put it aside for you, if not you can buy them on Ebay or Oztion:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! - we made these for my god daughter's first birthday - so effective yet really quite easy to make - i followed the tutorial and it actually worked out!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pink bedroom is sooo lovely! great inspiration...my niece want to have a restyled bedroom and she looove pink ;o)

    ReplyDelete