Tuesday 15 May 2012

Waste Not...

Having not blogged about re-purposed items for a long while, I thought I'd share a few gems with you today.

Although not examples of my own cleverness, these samples of upcycling are sure to get the creative juices flowing and are something I think anyone could attempt with a little spare time.
Aaaahh yes, spare time....

A relative newcomer to Pinterest, I spotted this shelving system made from old coffee tables while having a poke about at the gazillions of pins under the house design tab....


Always on the hunt for lighting solutions, these worldly pendant shades made from an old globe caught my eye. Geography teachers rejoice. AUD $205 from TheBoominGranny.




Sarah from MiDesignerStyling brought these up-cycled & now bespoke pieces to my attention.  The design duo from Old School Industries in NSW Southern Tablelands, deconstructs, modifies and repurposes neglected pieces of furniture, turning them into contemporary design statements. This dandelion desk sold recently for AUD$900. The stunning and 'ambitious' sideboard below went for AUD$2200.




And another example of re-purposing gold from Pinterest:

A herb garden using old shoe organisers.


Up-cycled or Repurposed, call it what you will.
It's old stuff given a new life with a new role.

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment