Wednesday 21 October 2015

Gifts at The Gallery

I love a good Museum shop.  Embarrassingly, it can often be my highlight when visiting a museum / art gallery.

Yesterday, prior to seeing the Collette Dinnigan Exhibition at The Powerhouse Museum, I found myself in the newly-renovated MAAS Store mentally ticking off many gifts from my scarily extensive Christmas Shopping List.

Check out some of these hand-made discoveries:

The interlocking wine rack you can configure to suit your needs / space.  Made by Power to Make, these plywood sets come in different colours and you can add sets as your wine collection grows. The best bit is they come flat packed for building, so easy to post & carry. Starting at AUD$55 for the 6 bottle set,  this would go down well in any home at Christmas.





I was totally crushing on these flower frames by Sydney company Rainy Sunday. They come in all sorts of delicious shades. I imagine gifting one of these with some fresh blooms, as they provide a beautiful keepsake long after the flowers have gone. Single black one will set you back AUD$52. 






Having laid Tasmanian Oak Floors in an attempt at a slightly Scandi interior, Oak is still very much on my radar. These oak homewares by Normann Copenhagen caught my eye in the Museum Shop. 

Great gifts, good prices and so smooth and tactile to boot.  A house can NEVER have enough hooks and here are a couple of stunning oak versions, and a luxe timber trivet to protect your bench tops. Truly Scandinavian, all items online are sent from Denmark, so prices are in USD. 
Curve hook - USD$28, Trivet - USD$33 & Stick Hooks - USD$25









I could account for at least a third of my Xmas Shopping List at The Museum Shop - I recommend it highly for some novel pressie ideas, some amazing books and they even had some yummy fodder on hand for the hungry visitor.

If you have the chance to see the Collette Dinnigan Exhibition - on until Aug 2016 - you won't be disappointed. Tickets are $15 and she has a book out too. That's the perfect Xmas gift combo right there!



Spoiler alert.....some visuals of her most AMAZING mood boards at the exhibition below....










Something for everyone at The Powerhouse right now!
Sx





No comments:

Post a Comment