Tuesday 16 May 2017

Ear Candy

So I bought 4 x pairs of earrings for my good self at the Sydney Finders Keepers Markets last w/end.

It has to be said, I have been in "need" of some ear candy updates - and it was just so damn hard to choose!

While there were polymer brights, acrylic numbers with coloured foil, wooden studs, titanium hoops, the overarching theme was tassels!

I am not complaining. Love me a tassel.

Some were dainty, others audacious.

But all are guaranteed to dress up a plain outfit, or give you a confidence boost on an otherwise dreary day.

I bought a pair like this from core jewellery for AUD$38. Tin foil, acrylic, ply wood - so tactile yet, so sparkly.



And these two pairs from Kingston Jewellery:





Turns out my Mum has been eyeing off the colourful and impossible-to-choose-from earrings from Kingston. Handcrafted in Victoria using mixed mediums such as clay, brass, painted elements and of course tassels, it took me an age to decide on these two pairs above.

If you head over to Jemima's facebook page there are literally hundreds of photos of her creations. No two pieces are the same, and I read a feedback comment from one of her customers that said:

"These earrings are the BOMB DOT COM". Prices started at AUD $45.


I walked out of the market wearing this pair from the girls at Polli in Bryon Bay  (and yes that is another burgandy tassel). They went perfectly with my green and gold sparkly jumper... AUD$45 




I could have easily loaded up on more earrings, but to be honest, the crowds were huge and some stands I just couldn't get close to!

A kid in a candy shop, I kept justifying purchases as Mothers Day gifts to self...

Will be sure to share more of my purchases.

Sx



No comments:

Post a Comment