Monday 3 July 2017

Schools out for...Winter!

Well didn't these school holidays come around fast? Apparently that was a 10 week term. Feels like it was Easter about 5 minutes ago, but here we are, in the middle of Winter with two weeks to fill - more like 3 x weeks for some of you.

We are planning to embark on a mini room makeover for Harriet these holidays. While madly pinning inspiration I have been sidetracked by some super colourful, DIY craft projects that I think we could also tackle in the break.

Those who know me, understand my reluctance to take on handcrafted projects myself. I am all about discovering and sharing, and not so much about the making. Two left thumbs and zero patience I'm afraid.

That being said, even I could potentially pull off one of these naive but very sweet decorative pieces...

...and the colours are sure to brighten up a gloomy Winter's afternoon.


Instructions for these Cardboard Rainbow Collages are from The Art Bar  :

photo courtesy of The Art Bar Blog

photos courtesy of The Art Bar Blog


Yarn Bombing appears to be very therapeutic. All that wrapping and twisting. The tee-pee image is from Natalie Miller who runs textile workshops.   




Or if you prefer sending the creativity (ie: mess) outside the home, look into a crafting course. We are lucky enough to have Makers Loft near by, where weekly craft lessons, craft parties & holiday workshops take place. 



I was scrolling through their website and noticed a photo from a craft party we hosted a few years back:


I for one, will be trying to introduce some making these holidays that doesn't include "fluffy slime". 

Enjoy.

Sx 





No comments:

Post a Comment