Wednesday 14 April 2010

Let there be light.....

Remember that study nook I posted about last month?
And the ugly lamp I bought off eBay for $7?  Well, the study nook is still a work in progress......


but take a look at the lamp now....a lick or two of white paint and a new shade:


I bought this vibrant lampshade at Eumundi Markets while in QLD a couple of weeks ago. I just couldn't leave it there. It is hand crafted by Seven Dandelions who have some amazing pendant shades. This one was AUD $110 and almost caused a ruckus with the overhead baggage compartment when flying home! Seven Dandelions will ship anywhere and will custom make shades for you too. Surely you'd WANT to study in this spot?!

I did have good intentions of making my own cover for the lamp by following the steps in this post by Down and Out Chic, but it never happened. Here is the before and after and she ensures us it is basic DIY....



















Lighting - instant ambience!
S x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic fabric..great find. Love Eumundi markets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! There were soo many wonderful things that caught my eye at Eumundi - and despite the torrential rain that day, I still managed to spend quite a few of the hard earnt $$. S x

    ReplyDelete