Monday 25 October 2010

Celebrating Motherhood

A clever and inspiring stylist, Amelia McFarlane pulled together a collaboration of clever folk to submit a piece of art that "Celebrates Motherhood" in order to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Foundation and her own mother's current cancer treatment. These pieces make up the exhibition that is currently running in Sydney at the ESD Gallery. Although the opening night invite below could be considered passe.... you still have a couple more weeks to view the exhibition as it is running until 5th November.
This information is my segway into today's blog post.
One of the generous and talented contributors to Amelia's exhibition is Rachel Castle. She offered something similar to this embroidered piece below for sale and had it not already appeared with the red circle sticker next to it on my arrival, I would have snapped it up. Luckily for me (and anyone else taken by it), we can still have this one for AUD$120 by clicking here.


I've either been walking around with blinkers on or had my head in the sand to have not stumbled across the talented Rachel Castle (and her Mum!) until now. Not only is she a magazine contributor and stylist, she has her own gorgeous range of bedlinen and many, many colourful, intricate and mouth watering artworks.
I'm ordering some bedlinen post haste. The dots or the flowers- AUD$145. What do you think?



Here's a sneaky peaky at Rachel's artwork from her website. She has embroidery and print designs guaranteed to brighten up any room and put a smile on your dial. Between AUD$240 - $600 the pieces are mostly felt on vintage linen. Here's a taste....




And yes, I bought a little piece of art myself from the Celebrating Motherhood exhibition and can't wait to collect it! I'll be sure to share it with you once it's in situ.

Well done Amelia, I hope the exhibition was a success and helped buoy the spirits of your family.
S x

No comments:

Post a Comment